CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Update

Hi Fabulous Fourth Grade Parents!

I want to thank you all for your support in all the crazy projects we have been doing.  Without your help, we would not be able to do these memorable activities.  Half-Way Day was very successful!  If the level of exhaustion from the 3rd and 4th grade teachers is a measure of success, I think the kids had a great time and learned a lot about fractions.  :)   It was a very fun day for all of us!

Poetry Outloud Junior is coming up the end of January.  Your child has selected a poem from one that we have learned this year  They need to have that memorized by the end of this week.  We will be having classroom recitations and then we will have large competition toward the end of the month.  I will get back to you with the date.

The end of the semester is this week and your children's PowerSchool is up to date as of today.  I want to remind you of our late work policy:  assignments will be accepted for 80% 1 day beyond the due date, 70% 2 days beyond and 60% 3 days beyond.  No late work is accepted beyond 3 days late.  This is a school wide policy and not just my policy.  I am very proud of your students!  In my 5 years of teaching, this is the year with the fewest missing assignments.  That shows me that these kids take responsibility for their education and I am sure they are going to be very successful!

Have a great week!  Remember early release on Thursday and no school on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment